Local SEO is the most profitable digital marketing task a small business owner can do to get more clients and customers.
The problem is small businesses owners don’t have time to become full time SEO experts. So they need tools to leverage their time.
So whether you need to check your rankings or competition you need a tool that can help you find the answer quickly.
In this article, I ranked and reviewed the 5 best local seo software on the market.
There are a lot of local seo software tools on the market, but the main criteria in this article is the software had to be built for local from the ground up, and not something built on to existing seo software.
For example SEMRush is a great seo tool but it wasn’t built exclusively for local seo. They have been adding components lately but the software is not dedicated to local seo.
Ok let’s get to the list.
Here are my picks for the best local SEO software to help get you more clients and customers for your business.
BrightLocal in my humble opinion is the best overall local seo software on the market. Brightlocal gives you everything you need to manage your local seo campaign for your business or your clients.
If you want to see our full in depth article on bright local click here.
- Rank Checker – Track Local and Google My Business Rankings
- Local Search Grid – Shows how your business is ranking throughout the city.
- Citation Tracker – Track all your citations aka local business listings in one report.
- Citation Builder – You can build more citations for your business in a couple of clicks.
You can test out BrightLocal for 14 days. No credit card required. Prices range from $29 a month for one location to $79 a month for 100 locations.
- Track Local and GMB rankings
- Track Local search Grid rankings
- Track Citations
- Monitor your reviews on all major platforms
- Perform a local search audit in 8 minutes
- Can’t schedule Google My Business Posts yet.
- Can’t customize emails with monthly reports.
- Slow reports at the beginning of the month.
Get Started with a 14 day free trial of BrightLocal.
Local Viking has everything you wished BrightLocal offered. The software is made for agencies managing multiple GMB listings. If you are a single business it will work but Local Viking really shines if you are an agency.
- Schedule GMB posts: You can schedule Google My Business posts, and every type of GMB posts.
- Lock Your GMB Listing: You can stop competitors and customers from making changes to your GMB listing.
- GMB & Organic Tracking: Track your Google My Business listing and local organic search results.
- GMB Photo Scheduling: Upload your photos to your Google My Business listings on autopilot.
Local Viking offers 5 paid plans. The Enterprise plan is $149 a month. The Pro plan is $69 a month. If you only have one Google My Business listing, the $20 dollar plan is all you need.
- Listing Management
- White label Reporting
- Rank Tracking
- GMB GEOGrid
- Review Management
- More expensive than BrightLocal
- Company is new started in 2018
- Learning curve for newbies.
Get Started with Local Viking Today.
Whitespark is one the leading dedicated local seo tools. Their focus is multi location businesses and agencies. Whitespark bread and butter is their citation building platform, rank tracking, and citation clean up tools.
- Local Citation Finder: You can discover new opportunities and track all of your citations aka local business listings in one easy to read dashboard.
- Local Rank Tracker: You can track your Local maps ranking as well as local organic results.
- Reputation Builder: State of the art customer feedback review tool that will help your business get new reviews on autopilot.
- Yext Replacement Service: Unlike Yext Whitespark doesn’t hold your local business listings hostage. Their service is a one time fee and you own all your listings.
Whitespark has several services to choose from. Their Google My Business service is $497 a month. Their reputation tool starts at $79 a month. Their Yext replacement service is $349 per location. Their local rank tracker tool starts at $25 a month for unlimited domains and and unlimited locations.
- GMB Service
- Listings Service
- Enterprise Services
- Get new reviews
- Track citations
- Expensive pricing compared to other companies.
- Limited countries for their local search audit.
- No integration with social media platforms.
Get Started with white spark Today.
Local Falcon is another great local seo solution for small businesses and agencies. It does a great job for tracking your local seo campaign.
- Listing Health: Check the accuracy of your listings and Google My Business Profile.
- Reputation Review: Understand exactly where your business’s reputation is online.
- Multi-Point Grid: Understand your rankings across the city with their tool.
- Competitor Reports: Track and monitor competitors activity with Local Falcon’s detailed reports.
Local Falon’s credit system is straightforward. It is based on a credit system. For 24.99 a month you get 7,500 credits per month. For 199.99 you get 63,000 credits per month. Each plan has unlimited locations. The credits expire at the end of the month. Unused credits do not rollover.
- Local Ranking Tracking
- GMB Photo and Post Tracking
- Measuring Reviews
- Measuring GMB interactions
- Measuring businesses overall online health
- It’s only a Local SEO tracker.
- Other companies offer much more features for the same price.
- Discontinued their pay as you go plan.
Get Started with Local Falcon Today.
Moz Local main service helps you submit your local business listings to the top data aggregators. They also have a robust review management system tool.
Manage Sync Business Listings: Keep your listings updated across all online directories.
Review Management: Monitor, read and respond to reviews from multiple sites under one single dashboard.
Easy Updating: Publish your local listing updates directly to Google and Facebook with this tool.
Powerful Reporting: Track everything including driving directions and phone searches.
Moz Local Pricing has three tiers. The first is lite which is $129 a year. At this level you don’t get the reputation management or social posting tool. At $299 per year you get everything. The pricing is based on per business location.
- Managing Business listings
- Review Management
- Updating offers
- Reporting & Insights
- Submitting to data aggregators
- Can’t white label the reports.
- More expensive than other software companies.
- Tools can be confusing to learn at first.
After going through these companies Bright Local is still the best local seo tool in my opinion with Local Viking closing the gap with a close second. There is a reason to use all these tools and some of their features but If I only was able to use one I would choose Bright Local.
Antoine is a Local Seo expert that has personally optimized over 5,000 Google My Business listings. With over 15 years of experience he has created the 3F Flywheel Formula for local businesses. Antoine has worked as a Local Seo Director for one of the largest Fortune 500 digital marketing agencies. Before Antoine was in digital marketing he played professional baseball for the Chicago Cubs. Antoine lives in southern California and writes about local seo on his blog. LearnLocalSeo.com